Sunday, March 31, 2013

There is a PARTY going on in Dangria, Stann Creek, Belize today!
 
Yesterday one of Sean's new buddies told us about a party going on today and tomorrow down on the beach near where the guy makes the drums. I have been wanting to find him and check out his craft, so this is double reason to go looking for him. I have posted a picture of the drums. It's a monument in the center of the traffic circle when you enter Dangria via the Hummingbird Highway. I have seen other people's pics of them, but I don't think I have seen one that gives the size perspective correctly. With the 2 story house in the pic, you get the gist.
 
Last night, I tried the rum. No wonder this place is famous for it! As everyone knows, I'm quite the lightweight when it comes to alcohol. I weigh in at 105 lbs, so how much alcohol could I hold?!? We bought 2 fifths...one dark rum and one coconut rum. I was mixing the coconut rum with this concentrated juice product available here, Squash. Sean warned me to take it easy on myself, and I did. I mixed my first drink with about as much rum as is in the neck of the bottle. The second drink I used a similar small amount. Altogether, I probably consumed about 2 or 3 ounces of (DELICIOUS) coconut rum and 16 to 20 ounces of juice. BANG! WOW! Yummy...and packs a punch! I'm not hung over this morning because I had enough sense to quit while I was ahead. A little dab will due you for sure!
 
So....Heading out to the Town Party....maybe ONE rum smoothie.....?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment