Friday, February 1, 2013

I called the vet to make an appointment for Chief (MisChief) to get his booster shots. He'll need to be current for entry into Belize. I also looked at the airline's website and Delta Air flys into Belize City and will allow me to take Chief as a checked bag without too many hoops. Good to know.

Sean has had this awful flu all week and has not been able to do much. I joke and tell him that it's OK. He needs to get better or when he arrives in the Caribbean, they will quarantine him to prevent him from creating a Pandemic. I told him that if I was lucky, they would put him in a hospital bed and he would be stuck there until I sell this house. :) Wouldn't it be poetic justice that the only friends he could make would be the nurses? The only sunrise he could enjoy would be from a little bittle hospital window? Nah...That's just me being nasty. He's on the upswing, and will be 100% long before he flys out of Pittsburgh.

This blogging thing is harder than it looks. It's tough to keep things going; fun, fresh, in some type of order...

I shared that I am a forum lurker...is there a name for that? TROLL? not really. I thought that Trolls said snarky things or posted countless links to their blogs or their naked pics. That's a BOT you say? Ah well, I'm getting off topic again....

I finally worked up the nerve to post something to the boards. I posted a hypothetical about our situation and asked if it would be possible for us to work once we got to Belize. We are not old enough, or really in any financial situation to "retire". The feedback I got from the other posters was this... The Government of Belize (GOB) allows non residents to work in Belize in two ways. One can open a business that will eventually employ native Belizeans. Or one can work for someone who is willing to "go to bat" for you. By this, I mean that the employer must request your work permit and show that they have exhausted themselves looking for a qualified Belizean citizen. Sean and I figured that we would go the small business route. We kicked around a bunch of ideas; that's another blog in itself. Our budget would allow us to hire a Belizean right away -even before we opened a business. This is good. You have a fella' who is working for you, and goes with you to say what a great employer you are. The GOB sees you as an asset, rather than some smarty pants American taking the jobs.

But it looks as though this is not how things will be playing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment