Saturday, February 9, 2013

I have a gift. I have the gift of completely forgetting. It is truly a gift. It allows forgiveness when people are cruel. It provides a place to lay down the weight of the world. I am able to block out a single event...or an entire state of being. There is a psychological term for this; and it's widely considered unhealthy. But in the spirit of making lemons into lemonade, I have always embraced it! Cherished it! My little black hole of memories...

Sometimes a little bubble breaks the surface, and I am reminded of one of those deeply sunken treasures...

When I was still in high school, I knew everything...I was the only kid in my senior class to have an apartment and a job. Good friends would climb the fire escape and drag my bum to class...Ahh! Bubbles...

Anyway...this was the 80's! Many cultural evolutions away from the 1960's...Yet I spent that summer touring the coast with the Grateful Dead sleeping in a van and selling grilled cheese. Yup. Me. Funny to me now. But also one of the parts that have made up this whole...one of the driving turns in my ability to adapt... Not adapt. THRIVE! So...please don't worry and be smart enough not to doubt.

I can do ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment